Race Day Do's & Don'ts
Here are some helpful Do's and Don'ts for Saturday's Events
DO wear your helmet during the bike portion with your helmet sticker and chin strap secured.
DO come early (6AM) in order to check-in, have your body marked with your race number, and allow for set up time for the race.
- DO NOT eat junk food that morning or the day before
- DO drink plenty of water to hydrate yourself the day before the race.
- DO wear your bib number during the bike and run portion and DO have it in front during the run.
- DO NOTride side by side during the bike portion. This is very dangerous and it is against USAT rules.
- DO thank your volunteers. They make this race possible!
- DO NOT provide any outside assistance to athletes (this pertains to parents). A triathlon is an individual sport and outside assistance is not prohibited. Therefore, no parents, friends, or spectators will be allowed on the course. (If a child is hurt or need assistance, we gladly will accept your help, this pertains more to gaining an advantage.)
- DO smile at ALL times. This is a big accomplishment!!
- DO NOT go into the transition area after you finish until after it has been deemed safe by our race crew. (Kids may still be on the race course.)
- DO stay after you finish. We are handing out prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and we will randomly select bib numbers for door prizes.
- DO get something to eat. We will provide snacks to refuel you after the race.